As a student you are likely to be at the beginning of your career as a psychotherapist, coach or hypnotherapist. It is our intention to guide and support you as you progress to full membership and to become an accredited member of NCP.
Student membership is open to those undertaking a course that includes classroom tuition and is at least diploma length (at least 37 credits or 370 notional study hours). Every unit and qualification has a credit value and a level. One credit represents ten notional hours of learning, showing how much time the average learner would take to complete the unit or qualification. The minimum level is to be equivalent to QCF Level 4, this is equal in complexity to the first year of a University degree or an HNC. The National Council accredits training centre’s and courses to these educational standards.
- A free electronic copy of the NCP Journal whilst you are training.
- Students may submit articles for publication in the Journal.
- Access to the Student Members Area of the NCP website which has access to further training and CPD.
- An open Forum on the website.
- No application fee to upgrade student membership to full membership.
- We understand setting up practice after graduation has upfront costs so we will allow your first year as a full member to be paid monthly (£7 pm).